TIME MANAGED - on time, on task
- I manage my time before school, during lunch and passing time so that I am in my seat when the bell rings
- I complete tasks during the time provided
- I listen and follow directions the FIRST time they are given
PATIENCE & SELF-CONTROL
Self-control is responding with our values and beliefs rather than our impulses or our immediate feelings.
- I am patient, wait my turn and keep my hands and feet to myself.
- I use appropriate communication behaviors (volume, timing, tone and body language)
Independently - RESPONSIBLE FOR OWN LEARNING
- I turn in assigned work and do necessary make-ups / redos without reminders
- I ask questions and seek out help when needed
RESPECT for self, others, property and school
Treating others & property with importance; valuing people even though they might be different than you.
- Treat everyone like they are important by valuing their personal space and belongings
- My actions and behaviors contribute to a positive learning environment
- I acknowledge and accept different points of view, cultures, beliefs, etc.
- I show good manners by saying "please," "thank you," "excuse me," "I'm sorry," etc. and ask permission before taking action
- I keep my binder organized with papers in the designated areas
- I keep my planner up-to-date with learning targets, assignments, due dates, etc.
Thinking about other people's needs and making sacrifices of time, energy, money, pride or service to meet those needs.
- I give sincere compliments, encouragement and recognition to others
- I speak positively about others and myself
ENGAGED ACTIVELY in class
- I stay focused on the instruction, activity, speakers, etc.
- I participate and contribute to daily learning targets
Demonstrate FORGIVENESS & HUMILITY
Understand what makes us all imperfect and working to accept these imperfections in ourselves and others. Being authentic without being arrogant. Understanding that everyone has something to teach you.
- I listen and consider others' opinions, thoughts and ideas
- I encourage others to be a part of the group and share their knowledge
- I understand everyone, including myself, makes mistakes
- I ask for forgiveness and extend grace to others
READY FOR ACTION with required materials
- I am in my seat when the bell rings with appropriate materials (pencil, planner, binder, classwork, etc.)
Engage others with KINDNESS & HONESTY
Giving attention, appreciation & encouragement with words or actions. Not only saying true things but being consistent in your words and actions.
- I tell the truth and take responsibility for my actions
- I look for ways to interact and include others
- I think before I speak (is it True? Helpful? Inspiring Necessary? Kind?)